Marion Bay Yorke Peninsula – SA Short Holidays
Marion Bay is one of Yorke Peninsula’s hidden treasures and has a coastal atmosphere you will want to come back to time and time again.
Stay with us at Marion Bay Holiday Villas in one of our clean, comfortable and spacious 1 or 2 bedroom villas while you explore the hidden treasures of nearby Innes National Park, head out for a memorable fishing session, go for a surf, or simply stroll along our pristine beaches.
Enjoy fresh, clean air, bird song and stunning natural beauty in a location that will take you back to a time when life was simpler. It won’t take you long to realise why the locals are so happy, you will leave feeling refreshed and ready to face the world again. That is if you leave at all, Elaine and I didn’t. After 2 years travelling around Australia we settled here and haven’t looked back.
With off street parking deep enough to park your car and boat, on site BBQ’s, free Wi-Fi, laundry facilities and plenty of lawn for the kids to play on, we are ideally set up to cater to all your needs from large groups to a quiet, romantic interlude.
Our aim is to make your holiday a time that the entire family enjoys at prices that the accountant will love as well. We are and always will be “The Best Value on the Peninsula”
Marion Bay South Australia is 280 km from Adelaide, the capital city of South Australia. It is approximately three hours easy drive, with almost straight bitumen roads all the way, and you can find detailed directions to Marion Bay from your home on our website.
Because Marion Bay SA has the sea on three sides the climate is very moderate. It is also an area of low rainfall, so it can be calm, warm and dry even in Winter. And if it is windy, a sheltered spot on the other side of the peninsula is only a short drive away. An ideal holiday spot all year!
Marion Bay Holiday Villas are your perfect Marion Bay accommodation base. You can enjoy some of the very best coast and bush land experiences nature can offer, enjoy boating and fishing that Marion Bay is famous for, then relax completely, in comfort and style.
When planning your weekend getaways, why not consider visiting the historic and breath taking scenery at Stenhouse Bay, and the Cape Spencer Lighthouse, or include a Marion Bay fishing charter, as one of guests ‘Rex Hunt’ did! It would be one of the most memorable short holidays South Australia can offer you.
There’s lots to see & do at Marion Bay
There is a rich variety of experiences possible at Marion Bay and something for everyone. Please don’t hesitate to ask Shane, the on-site manager, for tips and advice.
- The bitumen roads around Marion Bay make it easy to move around. There are cliffs, coves, islands, lighthouses, shipwrecks, stone ruins, and salt lakes. Don’t miss the fury of the Southern Ocean in a winter storm!
- Swimming – Marion bay has many calm sandy beaches with clear water
- Scuba Diving – reefs, islands, wrecks, crayfish, abalone
- Snorkeling – reefs within Innes National Park, starfish, fish, soft corals
- Boat fishing – snapper, nannegai, morwong, whiting, snook and shark
- Beach casting – Marion Bay is well known for mulloway, salmon, mullet, whiting, herring and garfish
- Marion Bay Jetty – very large squid, mullet, garfish, whiting and flathead are caught year round from Marion Bay Jetty
- Marion Bay area is the site of state and national titles, and some of Australia’s best surfing. There are breaks for all levels of experience. For some of the most challenging, try Chinamans, Pondalowie and West Cape.
Wildlife, marine life, flora:
- Kangaroos, emus, dolphins, whales (winter), seals, crayfish, seadragons, rich variety of fish, soft corals, coastal and bush birds, wildflowers.
- Bushwalking: Walking trails range from full day to less than one hour return and include a major section of the recently opened Walk The Yorke trail. On the inland trails walkers experience wild life including kangaroos, emus tamir wallabies and mallee fowl along with heritage ruins and amazing wildflowers. The coastal trails have our famous beaches, many grand views, dolphins, whales and seals to spot; leave plenty of time because you’re in for a treat.
- Birdwatching: There is an abundance and diversity of birdlife at Marion Bay. Discover rare species such as the Western Whipbird, Osprey, Sea Eagles and Mallee Fowl just to name a few.
Photography, painting and sketching:
- Marion Bay is a region of grand vistas, sculptural rocks, dramatic moods of sea and sky, textural contrasts, clear light and fresh colours. There are so many opportunities to take photographs, make sure your SD card is a big one!
Please feel free to discuss the current activities and special events happening at Marion Bay with Shane or Elaine; your hosts at Marion Bay Holiday Villas.